We are expanding our existing playground!
But, playgrounds are expensive
- The current estimate is $335 000 (and this is subject to increase as the costs for supplies increase)
- We are hoping to break ground in 2022.
We have some money
- Our past efforts (hot lunch days, treat days, casino funds, and other fundraisers) plus a generous gift of $25 000 from Strathcona County mean that we currently have $78 000 in the bank.
Grants will help
- We have a fabulous volunteer searching out grant opportunities and writing applications for us. Do you know of any grant opportunities? Please let us know!
Working on a deadline
- We are applying for a doubling grant which will bring us closer to our goal. BUT our funds to be doubled have to be in place by December 1. So we are doing a big fundraising push right now.
- to those families who brought their recycling to the Bottle drive on October 13
- to those families who joined our clean up day (sponsored by Qualico) on October 16
- to those families who continue to support our Skip-the-Depot and Save-On-Foods fundraisers as well as our 50/50 raffle
Fundraisers we need the whole community to help with:
- Shack A Patate - 270 Baseline Road -October 23 11am-8pm - free root beer float and Shacknado by donation (cash or bag of bottle returns)
- 50/50 Cash Raffle - open to all Albertans age 18+ https://www.rafflebox.ca/raffle/whspfs
- Skip the depot - ongoing bottle drive (available across Alberta https://app.skipthedepot.com/weshosford)
- Save on foods Wye Road - send your original grocery receipts to school and we will receive a percentage of your purchase
- Watch for more restaurant based fundraisers in November and December!
COVID makes this harder
- We can’t do hot lunch or treat days, we can’t hold the Halloween dance and we can’t have funds/materials sent to/from school.
We also support the school in other ways
- In the past we have purchased Chrome books and funded internet safety training sessions. We also provide a small stipend to each teacher to use in enriching their classroom (books, learning materials, treats and prizes for the students).
Thank you for your assistance! Please join our facebook group “WES HOSFORD Parent Council and Fundraising Society” for up to date information on these initiatives.